According to worldatlas.com
View 3+ moreView 3+
What are the 20 largest cities in the world?
- Tokyo-Yokohama, Japan (20/20) (Source: Reuters)
- Jakarta, Indonesia (19/20) (Source: Reuters)
- Delhi, India (18/20) (Source: Shutterstock)
- Manila, Philippines (17/20) (Source: Reuters)
- Seoul-Incheon, South Korea (16/20) (Source: Reuters)
- Shanghai, China (15/20)
- Karachi, Pakistan (14/20)
- Beijing, China (13/20)
What are the top 20 most populated cities in the world?
What Are The Top 10 The Most Populous Cities In The World?
- Shanghai. Country: China.
- Mexico City. Country: Mexico.
- São Paulo. Country: Brazil.
- Mumbai. Country: India.
- Kinki major metropolitan area (Osaka and Kyoto) Country: Japan.
- Cairo. Country: Egypt.
- New York-Newark. Country: United States. 2015 Population: 18.65 million.
- Beijing. Country: China. 2015 Population: 18.42 million.
What are the 10 largest cities in the world 2018?
Top 10 Largest Cities in the World of 2018
- Tokyo – 37 million. The Greater Tokyo Area is the most populous metropolitan area in the world and also the largest urban agglomeration economy.
- Delhi – 25 million.
- Shanghai – 23 million.
- Mumbai – 20.7 million.
- Beijing – 19.5 million.
- Dhaka – 17 million.
- Karachi – 16.1 million.
- Istanbul – 14 million.
What are the 50 largest cities in the world?
So, the top 50 largest built-up urban areas in the world, with a population of 500,000 and over are:
- Tokyo–Yokohama (Japan)
- Jakarta (Indonesia)
- Delhi (India)
- Seoul–Incheon (South Korea)
- Manila (Philippines)
- Mumbai (India)
- Karachi (Pakistan)
- Shanghai (China)
What are the 12 largest cities in the world?
Capital cities of the world – with population
118 more rows
What’s the biggest city in the world 2018?
These Are The World’s Top-300 Most Populous Cities, 2018
- Shanghai, China. City population: 24,153,000.
- Beijing, China. City population: 18,590,000.
- Karachi, Pakistan (Islamic Republic of) City population: 18,000,000.
- Istanbul, Turkey. City population: 14,657,000.
- Dhaka, Bangladesh. City population: 14,543,000.
- Tokyo, Japan.
- Moscow, Russia.
- Manila, Philippines.
What’s the most crowded city in the world?
Here are the 10 most populated cities in the world, as reported by Time.
- Shanghai, China.
- Mumbai, India.
- São Paulo, Brazil.
- Beijing, China.
- Mexico City, Mexico.
- Osaka, Japan.
- Cairo, Egypt.
- New York-Newark, United States.
What is the most crowded city in the world?
The 10 Largest Cities in the World
- Manila – 12.8 million.
- Moscow – 13.1 million.
- Tokyo – 13.6 million.
- Dhaka – 14.5.
- Istanbul – 14.6 million.
- Karachi – 18 million.
- Beijing – 18.5 million.
- Shanghai – 24.1 million. Shanghai’s population of 24.1 million makes it the top populous city proper not only in Asia but in the world as well.
What is the most common city name?
Most Common City Names in the US
- Washington. With 88 different cities and towns throughout the country named Washington, this names takes 1st place.
- Springfield. Springfield comes in 2nd place with 41 different cities and towns sharing its name.
- Franklin. Number 3 on the list is Franklin.
What are the 10 largest metro areas in United States?
The Top 10 Largest U.S. Cities by Population
- Omaha, NE – 443,885.
- Miami, FL – 441,003.
- Oakland, CA – 419,267.
- Minneapolis, MN – 410,939.
- Tulsa, OK – 403,505.
- Wichita, KS – 389,965.
- New Orleans, LA – 389,617.
- Arlington, TX– 388,125.
What is the safest city in the world?
Here are the safest cities around the globe:
- Toronto, Canada.
- Melbourne, Australia.
- Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Amsterdam, Netherlands (Jeroen Swolfs)
- Sydney, Australia. ()
- Stockholm, Sweden. Overall score: 86.72.
- Hong Kong. (Anthony Wallace/AFP)
- Zurich, Switzerland. Overall score: 85.2.
- Frankfurt, Germany. (REUTERS)
What’s the biggest city in the world 2019?
The 10 Most Populous Cities in the World for 2019
- 8: Mumbai.
- 7: Dhaka.
- 6: Cairo.
- 5: Mexico City.
- 4: Sao Paulo.
- 3: Shanghai.
- 2: Delhi.
- 1: Tokyo. And the winner is: the most populous city in the world is the vibrant Japanese city of Osaka which has a staggering population of 37.4 million.
What’s the smallest city in the world?
The smallest city in the world by area is Vatican City with an area of 44 hectares (108.7 acre). It is a landlocked sovereign city state whose territory consists of a walled enclave within the city of Rome. It is officially called State of the Vatican City.
What is the richest city in the world?
In terms of GDP rankings, here are the 10 wealthiest cities in the world today.
- 37 Comments » GGeronimo says:
- Tokyo, Japan. GDP: $1,520 billion.
- New York, USA. GDP: $1,210 billion.
- Los Angeles, USA. GDP: $789.7 billion.
- Seoul, South Korea. GDP: $779.3 billion.
- London, England. GDP: $731.2 billion.
- Paris, France.
- Osaka, Japan.
What is the biggest city in the world by size?
Largest Cities in the World By Land Area
- New York City. The City of New York is a vast metropolitan region, occupying a total of 8,683 square kilometers.
- Tokyo. Tokyo was established in May 1889 as a municipality headquarter.
- Chicago. Chicago, in the United States, has a massive land area.
What is the most populous city in the world 2018?
By 2050, the world will be home to almost 10 billion people, two-thirds of which will live in cities.
The 20 Largest Cities in the World of 2018
- Tokyo-Yokohama, Japan. Save this picture!
- Jakarta, Indonesia.
- Delhi, India.
- Manila, Philippines.
- Seoul, South Korea.
- Shanghai, China.
- Mumbai, India.
- New York City, USA.
Was Mexico City the largest city in the world?
Mexico City is ranked 12th largest in the world. Mexico’s capital has experienced a roller coaster ride in urban area rankings since the middle of the last century. In 1950, Mexico City ranked 17th in the world, according to United Nations estimates. By 2000, Mexico City was second in the world to only Tokyo Yokohama.
What is the most popular city in the world?
The world’s most-visited cities
- Bangkok 20.05 million.
- London 19.83 million.
- Paris 17.44 million.
- Dubai 15.79 million.
- Singapore 13.91 million.
- New York 13.13 million.
- Kuala Lumpur 12.58 million.
- Tokyo 11.93 million.
What is the most populated country in the world 2018?
The World: Population (2018) – Top 100+
|3.||United States of America||331,026,400|
96 more rows
What is the least populated city in the world?
The World’s Least Populated Capital Cities
6 more rows
What defines a major city?
Definition of city. 1a : an inhabited place of greater size, population, or importance than a town or village We spent the weekend in the city. b : an incorporated British town usually of major size or importance having the status of an episcopal see. c capitalized.
What is the longest town name in the world?
The Longest Place Names In the World
- Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu, New Zealand.
- Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales.
- Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg, United States.
- Tweebuffelsmeteenskootmorsdoodgeskietfontein, South Africa.
What’s the most common name in the world?
Muhammad is thought to be the most popular name in the world, given to an estimated 150 million men and boys.
What’s the longest name in the world?
Hubert Wolfstern, Hubert B. Wolfe + 988, Sr., Hubert Blaine Wolfe+585, Sr., and Hubert Blaine Wolfe+590, Sr., among others) is the abbreviated name of a typesetter who has held the record for the longest personal name ever used.
Which city has the most billionaires?
In 2015, Forbes Magazine listed New York City with the most billionaires at 78 persons, followed by Moscow with 68 billionaires, and Hong Kong in third place with 65 billionaires. The report also states that the US has the most billionaires per capita of any country.
What is the most powerful city in the world?
Top Ten Most Powerful Cities In the World
- 1 London London is the capital and most populous city of England and the United Kingdom.
- 2 New York.
- 3 Tokyo Tokyo, officially Tokyo Metropolis, one of the 47 prefectures of Japan, has served as the Japanese capital since 1869.
- 4 New Delhi New Delhi is the capital and seat of government of India.
What is the wealthiest city in the United States?
Raleigh is by far the wealthiest metro area in North Carolina and the 25th wealthiest in the United States.
25. Raleigh, N.C.
- Median household income: $71,685.
- Households earning $200,000 or more: 8.0%
- Adults with at least a bachelor’s degree: 47.2%
- March unemployment rate: 3.8%
Which is the world biggest island?
The best of both worlds can be found on some of the biggest islands in the world.
- Greenland. Area: 2,130,800 sq km (822,700 sq miles)
- New Guinea. Area: 785,753 sq km (303,381 sq miles)
- Borneo. Area: 743,330 sq km (288,869 sq miles)
- Baffin Island.
- Victoria Island.
What’s the largest city in the world by square miles?
While Tokyo-Yokohama comes first in the population stakes, it comes third in land area with 3,300 square miles. The New York-New Jersey-Connecticut metro region claims the title as the largest urban area in physical size, sprawling out over 4,585 square miles. Boston-Providence comes second with 3,548 square miles.
Photo in the article by “Wikipedia”