La Paz, administrative and de facto capital of Bolivia, stands at an altitude of 3,631 m (11,913 ft) above sea level.
Which capital city is the highest in the world?
La Paz/Sucre, Bolivia
Bolivia’s official capital is Sucre, which stands at 2,750 metres above sea level, but the country’s seat of government is in La Paz (pictured), one of the world’s loftiest cities, at 3,640m. The highest settlement of all is La Rinconada, over the border in Peru, at 5,100 metres.
What is the second highest capital in the world?
At 2,850 meters (9,350 ft) above sea level, Ecuador’s dramatic capital city is the second highest in the world after Bolivia’s La Paz.
Which country has the highest capital?
La Paz, Bolivia, seen here at dusk, has a higher altitude than any other capital city in the world. La Paz of Bolivia is one of the world’s most beautiful locales.
The Highest Capital Cities in the World.
|1||La Paz, Bolivia||3640/11942|
Which is the lowest capital city in the world?
1. Baku is the world’s lowest lying capital city. Believe it or not, Baku sits 28 metres below sea level, which makes it the world’s lowest lying capital city. (In fact, it is one of only two capital cities with an elevation officially below sea level, the other being Amsterdam.)
Which is the dirtiest city in the world?
World air quality report
|4||Bisrakh Jalalpur, India||96|
Which city is the cleanest in the world?
1. Calgary, Canada – Has a population of more than a million people and is currently the world’s cleanest city.
What are the 2 closest capital cities?
The two closest capital cities in the world (apart from Rome and Vatican City) are Kinshasa and Brazzaville. At their closest point they are only one mile apart.
What is the capital of the world?
Sorry, New York, London Is the World’s Capital City. The word “Insider”. Set up later Two crossed lines that form an ‘X’.
What are the highest cities in the world?
The Highest Cities in the World
- La Rinoconada, Peru 5100 meters, 16,728 feet. …
- Lhasa, Tibet 3650 meters, 12,002 feet. …
- El Alto, Bolivia 4150 meters, 13,615 feet. …
- Leadville, Colorado 3094 meters, 10,152. …
- Potosi, Bolivia 4090 meters, 13,420 feet. …
- Namache Bazaar, Nepal 3500 meters, 11,482 feet. …
- Cuzco, Peru 3310 meters, 10,800 feet.
Is Mexico City higher than Denver?
Both teams are accustomed to playing at the mile high elevation in Denver every year, but Mexico City’s altitude will pose an even greater challenge. The game is at Azteca Stadium, which is 7,380 feet above sea level, or 2,100 feet higher than the 5,280-foot altitude of Denver.
What country has the smallest capital?
While Palau is definitely a small country, it’s still not among the smallest ones, but its capital, Ngerulmud, is officially the smallest capital city of any country with just 271 registered residents.
What is the lowest country in the world?
Places to go: Maldives is the world’s lowest country
Not one of its 1,200 mostly uninhabited coral islands measure more than six feet (1.8 meters) above sea level. The Maldives – made up of a chain of nearly 1,200 mostly uninhabited islands in the Indian Ocean – is the lowest country in the world.
What city has the lowest sea level?
|1||Badwater Basin, Death Valley, California||United States|
|2||Bombay Beach, California||United States|
|3||Salton Sea Beach, California||United States|
|4||Desert Shores, California||United States|