That’s how he ended up in Yakutsk, Russia. The capital city of the vast (1.2 million square miles) Siberian region known as the Sakha Republic, Yakutsk is widely identified as the world’s coldest city.
What is the coldest city on earth right now?
Taking the prize as “the coldest place on Earth” right now is the South Pole in Antarctica, where temperatures are currently sitting at a cool -38. Some parts of Canada are not far behind at all, though, as Eureka in Nunavut is only four degrees warmer.
What are the top 5 coldest cities in the world?
The Coldest Cities in the World
- Oymyakon, Sakha Republic, Russia. TEH HAN LIN / Barcroft Media via Getty Images. …
- Yakutsk, Russia. MLADEN ANTONOV/AFP via Getty Images. …
- Harbin, Heilongjiang, China. …
- International Falls, Minnesota, United States. …
- Snag, Yukon, Canada. …
- Fraser, Colorado. …
- Dudinka, Krasnoyarsk Krai, Russia. …
- Fairbanks, Alaska.
22 нояб. 2019 г.
What are the top 10 coldest places on Earth?
What are the 10 coldest places on Earth?
- Dome Fuji, Antarctica.
- Vostok Research Station, Antarctica.
- Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station, Antarctica.
- Dome Argus, Antarctic Plateau.
- Denali, Alaska.
- Verkhoyansk, Russia.
- Klinck research station, Greenland.
- Oymyakon, Russia.
What are the 3 coldest places on Earth?
Photos: The 8 Coldest Places on Earth
- Yakutsk, Siberia (-83.92 Fahrenheit/-64.4 Celsius) …
- Verkhoyansk, Siberia (-93.64 Fahrenheit/-69.8 Celsius) …
- Oymyakon, Siberia (-96.16 Fahrenheit/-71.2 Celsius) …
- East Antarctic Plateau (-148 degrees Fahrenheit/-100 degrees Celsius)
27 июн. 2018 г.
What is the hottest city on earth?
Mecca, in Saudi Arabia, is the warmest inhabited place on earth. Its average annual temperature is 87.3 degrees Fahrenheit. In summer, temperatures can reach 122 degrees Fahrenheit. The city is located in Sirat Mountains, inland from the Red Sea, 900 feet above sea level.
What is hottest country in the world?
Burkina Faso is the hottest country in the world. The average yearly temperature is 82.85°F (28.25°C). Located in West Africa, the northern region of Burkina Faso is covered by the Sahara Desert. The country is susceptible to recurrent droughts, a severe problem for a nation that is consistently hot.
What is the coolest place on earth?
What is the coldest place on Earth? It is a high ridge in Antarctica on the East Antarctic Plateau where temperatures in several hollows can dip below minus 133.6 degrees Fahrenheit (minus 92 degrees Celsius) on a clear winter night.
What are the 2 coldest cities on Earth?
5 of the coldest cities in the world
- Dudinka, Krasnoyarsk Krai, Russia.
- Harbin, Heilongjiang, China.
- Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
- Yakutsk, Sakha Republic, Russia.
- Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, Canada.
What is the coldest country?
In Oceania, New Zealand is the coldest country while the small southern nation of Lesotho is the coldest country in Africa.
The Coldest Country in Every Continent.
|Continent||Coldest Country||Average Yearly Temperature|
What is the hottest mountain in the world?
Denali | The hottest (and coldest) places on Earth – Travel.
What was the hottest day in the world?
Death Valley famously holds the record for the hottest temperature ever recorded on Earth, which is 134 degrees. This record was set on July 10, 1913.
What is the coldest it has ever been in the world?
The lowest temperature ever recorded on Earth was a reading of -89.2 C (-128.6 F) measured at the Vostok weather station in Antarctica on July 21, 1983.