After more than a decade of hits like these that never quite made it to the top of the charts, Smokey Robinson and the Miracles finally earned their first #1 hit when “Tears Of A Clown” topped the Billboard Hot 100 on December 12, 1970.
What was the number one song on this date in 1970?
List of Billboard Hot 100 number ones of 1970
|227||January 24||“Raindrops Keep Fallin’ on My Head”|
|228||January 31||“I Want You Back”|
|230||February 14||“Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)” / “Everybody Is a Star”|
What was No 1 in the charts in 1970?
See all the 1970 Number One hits from the UK below and find out who had the longest running number one in the UK singles chart. Click on a Song Title to view full details of any song from the UK 1970 singles chart.
UK Number Ones in 1970.
|Song Title||Yellow River|
|Weeks at Number One||1|
What was the top selling song of the 70’s?
“Summer Nights” – John Travolta and Olivia Newton John. “Don’t Give Up on Us” – David Soul. “Bohemian Rhapsody” – Queen.
The Record Business/MRIB top twenty for the 1970s was:
- “Under the Moon of Love” – Showaddywaddy.
- “Merry Xmas Everybody” – Slade.
- “Hit Me with Your Rhythm Stick” – Ian Dury and the Blockheads.
What was the number 1 song in December 1972?
List of Cash Box Top 100 number-one singles of 1972
|December 9||“Papa Was a Rollin’ Stone”||The Temptations|
|December 16||“I Am Woman”||Helen Reddy|
|December 23||“Me and Mrs. Jones”||Billy Paul|
Who has the most number 1 hits in the 70s?
The Bee Gees had the highest number of top hits at the Billboard Hot 100 chart during the 1970s (9 songs). In addition, The Bee Gees also remained the longest at the top of the Billboard Hot 100 chart during the 1970s (27 weeks).
Who had the most Top 10 hits in the 70s?
Elvis Presley and The Jackson 5 shared the record for most top 10 hits in 1970 with four hit singles each. Christie was one of a number of artists with two top-ten entries, including the number-one single “Yellow River”.
What was number 1 in the charts in 1971?
See all the 1971 Number One hits from the UK below and find out who had the longest running number one in the UK singles chart.
UK Number Ones in 1971.
|Song Title||Ernie (The Fastest Milkman In The West)|
|Weeks at Number One||4|
What was number 1 in the charts in 1974?
See all the 1974 Number One hits from the UK below and find out who had the longest running number one in the UK singles chart.
UK Number Ones in 1974.
|Song Title||The Streak|
|Weeks at Number One||1|
What was the number 1 song on September 23 1970?
The number one song in the US on the day of your birth was “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough” by Diana Ross. (Billboard Hot 100 – September 23, 1970).
What was the biggest band of the 70s?
1. Eagles. Eagles formed at the start of the ’70s as Linda Ronstadt’s backing group; by the end of the decade they were one of the biggest bands in the world.
Who was the most popular music artist in the 1970s?
Top 100 Artists of the 70’s
- Stevie Wonder. Genres: Soul, pop R&B, funk, jazz. …
- Led Zeppelin. Genres: Hard rock, blues rock, folk rock, heavy metal. …
- Elton John. Genres: Rock, pop rock, glam rock, soft rock, rhythm and blues. …
- Pink Floyd. Genres: Progressive, rock, art rock, psychedelic rock. …
- The Rolling Stones. …
- Eagles. …
- Marvin Gaye. …
What was the biggest selling album of the 70s?
Simon & Garfunkel had the biggest-selling album of the 1970s with Bridge over Troubled Water.
What was number one in the charts in 1972?
|1||“Amazing Grace”||The Pipes and Drums and the Military Band of the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards|
|2||“Mouldy Old Dough”||Lieutenant Pigeon|
|3||“Puppy Love”||Donny Osmond|
What was the top 10 songs in 1972?
Top 10 Songs of 1972
- ‘Smoke on the Water’ Deep Purple. …
- ‘You Wear It Well’ Rod Stewart. …
- ‘Rocket Man’ Elton John. …
- ‘All the Young Dudes’ Mott the Hoople. …
- ‘School’s Out’ Alice Cooper. …
- ‘Ziggy Stardust’ David Bowie. …
- ‘Heart of Gold’ Neil Young. …
- ‘Tumbling Dice’ The Rolling Stones. Little surprise that the best album of 1972 yields the No.
26 дек. 2012 г.
What was the #1 song of 1973?
Billboard Year-End Hot 100 singles of 1973
|1||“Tie a Yellow Ribbon Round the Ole Oak Tree”||Tony Orlando and Dawn|
|2||“Bad, Bad Leroy Brown”||Jim Croce|
|3||“Killing Me Softly with His Song”||Roberta Flack|
|4||“Let’s Get It On”||Marvin Gaye|