In 2020, Washington, D.C. had the highest population density in the United States, with 11,686 people per square mile.
What area has the highest population density?
Monaco led the ranking for countries with the highest population density in 2019, with 26,150.3 residents per square kilometer. The world’s smallest country, the Holy See, came in 7th with 1,815.9 people per square kilometer.
What are the top 5 most densely populated states in the USA?
Here are the 10 states with the highest population density:
- New Jersey (1,207 people per square mile)
- Rhode Island (1,027 people per square mile)
- Massachusetts (886 people per square mile)
- Connecticut (734 people per square mile)
- Maryland (625 people per square mile)
- Delaware (508 people per square mile)
What city has the most dense population?
- Dhaka, Bangladesh. People per square kilometer: 44,000. …
- Mumbai, India. People per square kilometer: 32,300. …
- Hong Kong. People per square kilometer: 25,700 (data is from 2011) …
- Surat, India. People per square kilometer: 21,000. …
- Ahmedabad, India. …
- Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo. …
- Bogota, Colombia. …
- Alexandria, Egypt.
What are the 5 most densely populated countries?
Macao, Monaco, Singapore, Hong Kong and Gibraltar are the five most densely populated.
Which country has the lowest density in the world?
The world’s least crowded sovereign state, Mongolia has a population density of 1.97 people per square kilometre.
What is the least populated state in USA?
Wyoming had the lowest population with about 580,000 residents.
Which US state is the least densely populated?
As a whole, there were 93 residents per square mile in the U.S., and Alaska was the state with the lowest population density, with 1.28 residents per square mile. Simply put, population density is the population of a country divided by the area of the country.
What is the most overpopulated state?
The 10 Most Populous States on July 1, 2015
What is the densest city on earth?
In fact, Manila is the world’s most densely populated city with 111,002 people per square mile.
What are the 5 most densely populated cities in the world?
Cities With The Highest Population Density In The World
- Manila – 46,178 persons per sq. …
- Pateros – 36,447 persons per sq. …
- Mandaluyong – 4,925 persons per sq. …
- Baghdad – 32,874 persons per sq. …
- Mumbai – 32,303 persons per sq. …
- Dhaka – 29,069 persons per sq. …
- Caloocan – 27,989 persons per sq.
4 окт. 2020 г.
Which US state is most densely populated?
The most densely populated state is New Jersey, followed by Puerto Rico (not a state) and Rhode Island. This is a list of all U.S. states and the five principal U.S. territories with population estimates as of December 2019, ranked from the most populous U.S. state to the least populous state in the United States.
What is the most overpopulated country?
The 50 Most Populous Countries
Which country has lowest population?
The Smallest Countries
The three least populated countries in the world are Vatican City, an enclave in the city of Rome in Italy, Monaco, a principality on the Mediterranean coast and an enclave within Southern France, and Nauru, a tiny island country in Micronesia in the southwestern Pacific Ocean.
Why is India so densely populated?
Thus, the population growth experienced in India can largely be explained by variations in birth and death rates. In 1900, India’s population was roughly 238 million. … Other reasons that have contributed to high birth rates are early marriages, lack of awareness, poverty and illiteracy, and illegal migration.