What is longest river in Asia?
Longest Rivers in Asia
- Yangtze – 3,915 miles.
- Yellow – 3,395 miles.
- Mekong – 3,050 miles.
- Lena – 2,734 miles.
- Irtysh – 2,640 miles.
- Yenisei – 2,540 miles.
- Ob – 2,268 miles.
- Lower Tunguska, 1,857 miles.
What is the longest river in Asia in what country is it located?
The Yangtze River is the third longest worldwide and the longest river in the Asia with a length of 6,300 km. The other long Asian rivers are the Yellow River of 5,464 km, River Mekong of 4,909 km and Brahmaputra and Indus Rivers with a length of 2,900 km each.
What is the main river in Asia?
Which is world’s longest river?
Here is a list of five longest rivers of the world
- Nile River: The longest river in the world. Nile River: the longest river in the world (Image: 10mosttoday)
- Amazon River: Second longest and the largest by water flow. Amazon River (Image: 10mosttoday)
- Yangtze River: The longest river in Asia.
Has the most rivers in the world in Asia?
Rivers in Asia Continents, Facts about Size etc. The land of Asia abounds in rivers. Some of the world’s longest rivers, such as the Yangtze, the Yellow River and Euphrates flow through the world’s largest continent.
What is the deepest river in Asia?
The deepest river in the world is the Congo River in Africa. At its deepest point, the river reaches a depth of approximately 720 feet. This depth makes the Congo River about 64 feet deeper than the second deepest river in the world, which is the Yangtze River in China.
Which is the only river that crosses the equator twice?
Which river is longest Ganga or Brahmaputra?
The Godavari River is one of the longest rivers in India after the Indus River, Ganges river, and Brahmaputra river. The flow of this river starts from Nasik Hills and end into the Bay of Bengal.
What is the shortest river in Asia?
Of the ten shortest rivers, five are found in Europe, four in the Americas, and one in Asia.
- Ombla River.
- Jezernica River.
- Roe River.
- Rio Los Patos.
- D River.
- Azuis River.
- Aril River.
- Guinness World Records. Some of the above rivers have been listed as the shortest river by Guinness World Records.
Which is the largest river in world?
What’s the World’s Longest River?
- The Nile. Flowing northward through the tropical climate of eastern Africa and into the Mediterranean Sea, the Nile river is the longest river in the world at 4,135 miles (6,650 kilometers), according to the U.S. National Park Service.
- The Amazon.
- The Debate.
Which is the smallest country in Asia?
The 10 Smallest Countries Of Asia By Area
- The Maldives. The Maldives occupies the southern part of Asia, and it constitutes 26 atolls in the Indian Ocean.
- Singapore. Singapore is one of the world’s city-states, and it lies in Southeast Asia.
Which is biggest river in India?
The Indus River is the longest river of India, total length of the Indus from its source (Tibetan Plateau) is 3200 km.
Several of these rivers of India also offer a bright range of adventure activities.
- Indus River.
- The Ganges River.
- Godavari River.
- Krishna River.
- Yamuna River.
- Narmada River.
- Mahanadi River.
- Kaveri River.
What is the deepest river in the world?
Which is the shortest river in the world?
Which is longer Amazon or Nile?
The Amazon is considered the world’s largest river by volume, but scientists have believed it is slightly shorter than Africa’s Nile. The Brazilian scientists’ 14-day expedition extended the Amazon’s length by about 176 miles (284 kilometers), making it 65 miles (105 kilometers) longer than the Nile.
Which country has the most rivers in the world?
Which country has no river in the world?
Countries Without Rivers. Saudi Arabia is the world’s largest country without a river. A river is a permanent body of running water. The United Nations recognizes 193 countries, some of which host impressive rivers like the Amazon and Mississippi.
What is the largest lake in Asia?
Lakes of Asia – Map & Description
- Caspian Sea. The Caspian Sea, located in western Asia on the eastern edges of Europe, is the largest lake on the planet.
- Lake Baikal. Lake Baikal is positioned in southeastern (Siberia) Russia, directly to the north of Mongolia.
- Aral Sea.
Photo in the article by “Pixabay”