|1||Lake Superior||82,103 km2|
|2||Lake Huron||59,570 km2|
|3||Lake Michigan||57,757 km2|
|4||Lake Erie||25,667 km2|
What is the longest lake in the world?
Lake Tanganyika is not only the longest lake in the world, but also a freshwater Mecca. Part of the Great Rift Valley, the lake cuts across 420 miles of East Africa and divides four nations.
What lake in the United States has the most shoreline?
Photo courtesy of The New York Times. Lake of the Woods takes the cake for the longest shoreline in the U.S., stretching 25,000 miles. However, if you also count the shoreline of its tens of thousands of islands (14,522 to be exact), that number reaches 65,000.
What are the top 10 largest lakes in the US?
10 Largest Lakes in the United States
- Lake Superior. Surface Area – 82,100 sq km.
- Lake Huron. Surface Area – 59,588 sq km. …
- Lake Michigan. Surface Area – 58,030 sq km. …
- Lake Erie. Surface Area – 25,667 sq km. …
- Lake Ontario. Surface Area – 19,000 sq km. …
- Great Salt Lake. Surface Area – 4,400 sq km. …
- Lake of the Woods. Surface Area – 4,348.6 sq km. …
- Iliamna Lake. …
6 февр. 2020 г.
What is the largest lake in the US Besides the Great Lakes?
Lake Superior covers an area of 31,700 square miles and is therefore the largest lake in the U.S.
What is the deadliest body of water?
8 Bodies of Water That Will Kill You
- Rio Tinto River, Spain. Probably anyone will think that something’s not right when a river has deep red water. …
- Boiling Lake, Dominica. …
- Lake Kivu, Africa. …
- Citarum River, West Java, Indonesia. …
- Lake Karachay, Russia. …
- Potomac River, USA. …
- The Blue Lagoon, Derbyshire, UK. …
- Jacob’s Well, Texas, USA.
Where is the most beautiful lake in the world?
- Crater Lake, Oregon.
- Dead Sea, Jordan.
- Lake Como, Italy.
- Laguna Colorada, Bolivia.
- Lake Wakatipu, New Zealand.
- Lake Pichola, India.
- Lake Tahoe, California.
- Lake Baikal, Russia.
What state has the most natural lakes?
3. Minnesota has the most lakes of any state. Minnesota may be the “Land of 10,000 Lakes,” but Alaska is the state of more than 3 million lakes.
What state has the most shoreline in the US?
According to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, the state with the most shoreline is Alaska, with 33,904 miles. Second place is Florida, with 8,436 miles of coastline.
What is the biggest man made lake in the US?
Lake Mead: the Largest Man-Made Lake in the USA.
What is the second deepest lake in the US?
The second deepest lake in North America is Crater Lake in Oregon and tops the deepest lakes in the United States. This lake has a maximum depth of 1,949 feet.
What are the six largest lakes in the world?
10 Largest Lakes in the World
- Great Bear Lake (31,000 km2)
- Lake Baikal (31,500 km2)
- Lake Tanganyika (32,600 km2)
- Lake Michigan (58,000 km2)
- Lake Huron (59,600 km2)
- Lake Victoria (68,870 km2)
- Lake Superior (82,100 km2)
- Caspian Sea (371,000 km2)
12 окт. 2020 г.
Which state has the most man made lakes?
Oklahoma has the largest number of lakes created by dams of any state in the United States, with more than 200. All lakes listed are man-made.
What is the smallest lake in the world?
Welcome to Liaoning. Benxi Lake in Liaoning Province was lately approved by Guinness World Records as “the world’s smallest lake”. The lake was named after Benxi City where it is located. As a natural lake, Benxi Lake is only 15 m² large, yet the water is quite clear.
Which two countries have the most lakes?
According to the study, the 10 countries with the most lakes in the world are: Canada – 879,800. Russia – 201,200.
Which country has the most lakes?
|Rank||Country||Number of lakes size > or = 0.1 sq. km|