The 10 Largest Cities in the World
- Shanghai – 24.1 million. Shanghai’s population of 24.1 million makes it the top populous city proper not only in Asia but in the world as well.
- Beijing – 18.5 million.
- Karachi – 18 million.
- Istanbul – 14.6 million.
- Dhaka – 14.5.
- Tokyo – 13.6 million.
- Moscow – 13.1 million.
- Manila – 12.8 million.
107 more rowsOften seen as the epitome of urban density, the urban area of New York continues to cover, by far, the most land area of any city in the world. Its land area of nearly 4,500 square miles (11,600 square kilometers) is one-third higher than Tokyo’s 3,300 (8,500 square kilometers).The world’s largest cities Cities ranked 1 to 100
92 more rowsThe largest cities in the world by land area, population and density Ranked by land area: 1 to 125
|Rank||City / Urban area||Population|
|1||New York Metro||17,800,000|
60 more rowsCapital cities of the world – with population
|Rank||City||Population (Metropolitan Area)|
118 more rowsThe 25 cities with the most economic power on earth
- Seoul (11th in 2012)
- Los Angeles (9th in 2012)
- Singapore (7th in 2012)
- Paris (4th in 2012)
- Hong Kong (4th in 2012) Dave Schumaker, Flickr.
- Tokyo (3rd in 2012) Wikipedia, Morio.
- London (2nd in 2012) Sean Gallup/Getty Images.
- New York (1st in 2012) Marco Germinario, Flickr.
The Port of Shanghai is the biggest port in the world based on cargo throughput. The Chinese port handled 744 million tonnes of cargo in 2012, including 32.5 million twenty-foot equivalent units (TEUs) of containers. The port is located at the mouth of the Yangtze River covering an area of 3,619km².
What are the 10 largest cities in the world 2018?
Top 10 Largest Cities in the World of 2018
- Tokyo – 37 million. The Greater Tokyo Area is the most populous metropolitan area in the world and also the largest urban agglomeration economy.
- Delhi – 25 million.
- Shanghai – 23 million.
- Mumbai – 20.7 million.
- Beijing – 19.5 million.
- Dhaka – 17 million.
- Karachi – 16.1 million.
- Istanbul – 14 million.
What are the 50 largest cities in the world?
So, the top 50 largest built-up urban areas in the world, with a population of 500,000 and over are:
- Tokyo–Yokohama (Japan)
- Jakarta (Indonesia)
- Delhi (India)
- Seoul–Incheon (South Korea)
- Manila (Philippines)
- Mumbai (India)
- Karachi (Pakistan)
- Shanghai (China)
What are the 12 largest cities in the world?
Capital cities of the world – with population
118 more rows
Which is the most populated city in the world?
Here are the 10 most populated cities in the world, as reported by Time.
- Shanghai, China.
- Mumbai, India.
- São Paulo, Brazil.
- Beijing, China.
- Mexico City, Mexico.
- Osaka, Japan.
- Cairo, Egypt.
- New York-Newark, United States.
What’s the biggest city in the world 2018?
These Are The World’s Top-300 Most Populous Cities, 2018
- Shanghai, China. City population: 24,153,000.
- Beijing, China. City population: 18,590,000.
- Karachi, Pakistan (Islamic Republic of) City population: 18,000,000.
- Istanbul, Turkey. City population: 14,657,000.
- Dhaka, Bangladesh. City population: 14,543,000.
- Tokyo, Japan.
- Moscow, Russia.
- Manila, Philippines.
What is the safest city in the world?
Here are the safest cities around the globe:
- Toronto, Canada.
- Melbourne, Australia.
- Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Amsterdam, Netherlands (Jeroen Swolfs)
- Sydney, Australia. ()
- Stockholm, Sweden. Overall score: 86.72.
- Hong Kong. (Anthony Wallace/AFP)
- Zurich, Switzerland. Overall score: 85.2.
- Frankfurt, Germany. (REUTERS)
What is the richest city in the world?
In terms of GDP rankings, here are the 10 wealthiest cities in the world today.
- 37 Comments » GGeronimo says:
- Tokyo, Japan. GDP: $1,520 billion.
- New York, USA. GDP: $1,210 billion.
- Los Angeles, USA. GDP: $789.7 billion.
- Seoul, South Korea. GDP: $779.3 billion.
- London, England. GDP: $731.2 billion.
- Paris, France.
- Osaka, Japan.
What are the 10 largest metro areas in United States?
The Top 10 Largest U.S. Cities by Population
- Omaha, NE – 443,885.
- Miami, FL – 441,003.
- Oakland, CA – 419,267.
- Minneapolis, MN – 410,939.
- Tulsa, OK – 403,505.
- Wichita, KS – 389,965.
- New Orleans, LA – 389,617.
- Arlington, TX– 388,125.
What’s the smallest city in the world?
The smallest city in the world by area is Vatican City with an area of 44 hectares (108.7 acre). It is a landlocked sovereign city state whose territory consists of a walled enclave within the city of Rome. It is officially called State of the Vatican City.
What is the most common city name?
Most Common City Names in the US
- Washington. With 88 different cities and towns throughout the country named Washington, this names takes 1st place.
- Springfield. Springfield comes in 2nd place with 41 different cities and towns sharing its name.
- Franklin. Number 3 on the list is Franklin.
Was Mexico City the largest city in the world?
Mexico City is ranked 12th largest in the world. Mexico’s capital has experienced a roller coaster ride in urban area rankings since the middle of the last century. In 1950, Mexico City ranked 17th in the world, according to United Nations estimates. By 2000, Mexico City was second in the world to only Tokyo Yokohama.
What is the least populated city in the world?
The World’s Least Populated Capital Cities
6 more rows
Which is the most polluted city of world?
Gurugram, a suburb of the Indian capital New Delhi, is the world’s most polluted city, according to Greenpeace and AirVisual, which found it had an average air quality index of 135.8 in 2018 — almost three times the level which the US Environmental Protection Agency regards as healthy.
What is the most visited city in the world?
The World’s 10 Most-Visited Cities (And What It Costs to Spend a Day There)
- Bangkok: 20 million visitors a year ($173 per day)
- London: 19.8 million visitors a year ($153 per day)
- Paris: 17.4 million visitors a year ($301 per day)
- Dubai: 15.8 million visitors a year ($537 per day)
What country has the most people?
Photo in the article by “Flickr”