Does adventure sync work when phone is locked?
Yes, Adventure Sync also tracks distance. I tested by locking the phone and riding my bike. The distance ridden did not show up immediately, but it did show up in the app. If you are using Android, be sure to have Google Fit installed and configured.
Does Pokemon Go count steps when not open?
Adventure Sync lets you progress without having the app open, saving your battery. Pokemon Go now lets you track your steps without keeping the app open. … So, you’ll be able to earn candy and hatch eggs even on the days you forget to boot up Pokemon Go.
Can Pokemon Go track steps when closed?
Make sure your phone has the required sensors to track your distance and steps. Make sure your device’s location permissions are set to “always allow” Pokémon GO to access your location even when the app is closed.
How does Pokemon Go detect walking?
As you walk, the Pokémon Egg screen will update to show you the distance you’ve walked each Egg up to one decimal place. For example, if you walk 1.3 KM, you’ll see 1.3 / 2 KM, 1.3 / 5 KM, or 1.3 / 10 KM. If you tap on a Pokémon Egg, you can see the distance up to two decimal places.
Does Pokémon Go work when locked?
As in it is on but you need to enter the passcode or swipe to unlock it. Pokemon Go needs to be minimized to work (you cant app kill it).
How do I get my adventure sync to work?
Change Your Device’s Timezone to Automatic
- Close the Pokemon Go app.
- Open Settings of your Android Device.
- Then scroll down, look for Date & Time and then tap on it to open.
- Now toggle the switch of “Automatic Time Zone” to On. Turn On Automatic Timezone.
- Now launch Pokemon Go and check if Adventure Sync is working fine.
Does Pokemon Go count steps on a treadmill?
Adventure sync uses steps tracked by your respective health app, but not other activity. This means it will track walking, light jogging/slow running, treadmill, maybe elliptical machines.
How do you trick Pokemon Go steps?
- Make sure Adventure Sync is turned on in Settings.
- Make yourself comfortable by sitting or laying down.
- Start shaking your phone UP and DOWN.
- The Adventure Sync will start to count the shaking as steps. Sometimes it takes some time until the app starts to catch up.
- The app doesn’t have to be open.
Does Pokemon track steps while driving?
Walking on a treadmill won’t help you hatch eggs, either; the game registers distance traveled, not steps taken, and so unless you’re physically moving around on the map, you’ll be out of luck.
Why is my Pokemon Go location wrong?
If you are receiving the “failed to detect location” error, there may be a setting called “mock locations” that is preventing you from playing Pokémon GO. To turn off this setting, visit Settings > System > Advanced > Developer options and make sure that “Select mock location app” is disabled.
Do you have to have Pokemon Go open when walking?
Doing regular walks gets you Candy, which your Buddy Pokemon will find. Niantic will also be hosting weekly milestones that give out even more rewards. This is great news for battery-conscious players, since you don’t need to have Pokemon Go open for Adventure Sync to track.
How do I turn on adventure sync on Android?
How to activate Adventure Sync
- Tap the Main Menu button.
- Tap the Settings button.
- Tap on Adventure Sync. You’ll also be prompted to grant permissions for Pokémon GO to access your Apple Health or Google Fit data.