The three largest sovereign countries by surface area are Russia, Canada, and the United States. Together they occupy roughly a quarter of Earth’s landmass. Among the world’s smallest countries are the island nations of the Caribbean and the (South) Pacific Ocean (Oceania).
What are the largest countries by land size?
The 30 largest countries in the world by total area (in square kilometers)
|Area in square kilometers|
What are the 10 largest countries in the world 2020?
Here is a list of the top ten largest countries by area in square miles:
- Russia (6,599,921 square miles)
- Canada (3,854,083 square miles)
- China (3,746,887 square miles)
- United States (3,617,827 square miles)
- Brazil (3,287,086 square miles)
- Australia (2,969,121 square miles)
- India (1,269,010 square miles)
What are the 5 largest countries by population?
The five most populous countries in 2021 are China, India, followed by the European Union (which is not a country), the United States, the island nation of Indonesia, and Pakistan.
What are the top 100 largest countries?
Country Comparison > Population > TOP 100
What is the oldest country?
What is the most dangerous country?
MOST DANGEROUS COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD
- Central African Republic.
- South Sudan.
7 дек. 2020 г.
Which country is bigger China or USA?
United States is around the same size as China.
China is approximately 9,596,960 sq km, while United States is approximately 9,833,517 sq km, making United States 2% larger than China. Meanwhile, the population of China is ~1.4 billion people (1.1 billion fewer people live in United States).
Who is the richest country in the world?
United States is the richest country in the world, and it has the biggest wealth gap. The United States led the world in growth of financial assets last year thanks to tax cuts and booming stock markets, but its distribution of wealth was more unequal than in any other country, according to a study published Wednesday.
What’s bigger Russia or Africa?
Africa is 1.77 times as big as Russia
At about 30.3 million km2 (11.7 million square miles) including adjacent islands, it covers 6% of Earth’s total surface area and 20% of its land area.
Why is India so populated?
Thus, the population growth experienced in India can largely be explained by variations in birth and death rates. In 1900, India’s population was roughly 238 million. … Other reasons that have contributed to high birth rates are early marriages, lack of awareness, poverty and illiteracy, and illegal migration.
What are the 10 least populated countries?
10 Smallest Countries in the World by Population in 2021
- Vatican City (1000 residents)
- Nauru (10,670 residents)
- Tuvalu (11,192 residents)
- Palau (21,097 residents)
- San Marino (33,562 residents)
- Liechtenstein (37,877)
- Monaco (38,682 residents)
- Saint Kitts and Nevis (53,000 residents)
26 июн. 2020 г.
Which countries are most overpopulated?
The 50 Most Populous Countries
Which is the seventh largest country?
India is the seventh-largest country in the world as per area.
Which is the best world?
- Switzerland. #1 in Best Countries Overall. …
- Canada. #2 in Best Countries Overall. …
- Japan. #3 in Best Countries Overall. …
- Germany. #4 in Best Countries Overall. …
- Australia. #5 in Best Countries Overall. …
- United Kingdom. #6 in Best Countries Overall. …
- United States. #7 in Best Countries Overall. …
- Sweden. #8 in Best Countries Overall.
What is the 14 largest country in the world?
Countries by Area
|—||Earth||148,940,000 km² (planimetric (flat) land area, 29.2% of its total surface)|
|Note: The largest country in the Middle East, it occupies the bulk of the Arabian Peninsula.|
|Note: The third-largest country in North America.|