According to worldatlas.com
View 3+ moreView 3+
What are the top 10 largest countries in Europe?
The following is a rundown of the biggest countries in Europe, by area – read on and prepare for a few surprises!
- Russia (3,960,000km²) (17,075,400km² in total, the 3,960,000km² refers to only the European part)
- Ukraine (603,700km²)
- France (547,030km²)
- Spain (505,992km²)
- Sweden (449,964km²)
- Norway (385,155km²)
What are the 3 largest countries in Europe by population?
Population of Countries in Europe 2019
44 more rows
What are the main countries in Europe?
10 Largest Countries In Europe
- Russia. Russia resides on both Europe and Asia.
- Ukraine. The Second largest country in Europe is Ukraine, which has an area of 603,628 km² (233,062 mi²) including Crimea, over which it is currently in dispute with Russia.
What is the largest and smallest country in Europe?
Russia is the largest country in Europe, as well as the world.
- San Marino.
- Monaco. Monaco covers an area of 1.95 square kilometers, making it the second smallest nation in Europe.
- Vatican City. The smallest country in Europe is Vatican City, an enclave of the city of Rome in Italy.
What are the top 5 largest countries in Europe?
The Biggest Countries in Europe by Land Area
- Russia – 3,972,400 sq km. Russia is the largest country in Europe by land area.
- Ukraine – 605,628 sq km.
- France – 551,394 sq km.
- Spain – 498,468 sq km.
- Sweden – 449,964 sq km.
- Norway – 385,178 sq km.
- Germany – 357,168 sq km.
- Finland – 338,145 sq km.
What are the 10 major countries of the European Union?
Which countries belong to the EU?
- Czech Republic.
Which country is bigger France or Germany?
France is about 2 times bigger than Germany. Germany is approximately 357,022 sq km, while France is approximately 551,500 sq km. For more details, see an in-depth comparison of France vs. Germany using our country comparison tool.
Which country is bigger in Europe?
List of European countries by area
46 more rows
What is the most famous country in Europe?
Top 10 Most Beautiful Countries in Europe
- Austria. Austria, the land of Mozart and waltz, is a medley of sparkling alpine lakes, majestic mountains, and elegant cities, with a rich cultural heritage and one of the highest living standards in the world.
What is the richest country in Europe?
The Richest Countries in Europe
- Ireland – $69,231.
- Switzerland – $59,561.
- San Marino – $59,058.
- Netherlands – $51,049.
- Sweden – $49,836.
- Iceland – $49,136.
- Germany – $48,111.
- Austria – $48,005. Austria has the 10th largest GDP per capita based on PPP in Europe standing at 48,005 international dollars.
Which is the biggest city in Europe?
Largest City Metro Populations In Europe
6 more rows
What is the least populated country in Europe?
The 10 Least Populated Countries Of Europe
- Vatican City – 1,000. The world’s smallest nation by size and population, the Vatican City State is located within the Italian capital city of Rome.
- Monaco – 30,645.
- San Marino – 33,537.
- Liechtenstein – 38,244.
- Andorra – 76,965.
- Iceland – 339,747.
- Malta – 416,338.
- Luxembourg – 594,130.
What are the top 5 largest countries?
When all 10 of the world’s largest countries are taken together, they total 49% of the earth’s entire 149 million square kilometres of land.
- 7 – India.
- 6 – Australia.
- 5 – Brazil.
- 4 – People’s Republic of China.
- 3 – United States of America.
- 2 – Canada.
- 1 – Russia.
- 50 Largest Countries in the World By Area. Rank.
What is the largest island in Europe?
LARGEST ISLANDS in EUROPE
- Great Britain – (88,787 sq miles) (229,957 sq km)
- Iceland – (39,769 sq miles) (103,000 sq km)
- Ireland – (33,342 sq miles) (83,766 sq km)
- West Spitsbergen – (15,200 sq miles) (39,368 sq km)
- Sicily – (9,807 sq miles) (25,400 sq km)
- Sardinia – (9,189 sq miles) (23,800 sq km)
What’s the smallest country in Europe?
Smallest Country in Europe: Top 8 Tiniest Countries in Europe
- #8 Cyprus, 9,251 km²
- #7 Luxembourg, 2,586 km²
- #6 Andorra, 468 km²
- #5 Malta, 316 km²
- #4 Liechtenstein, 160 km²
- #3 San Marino, 61 km²
- #2 Monaco, 1.95 km²
- #1 Vatican City, 0.44 km²
Is Turkey in the EU 2018?
Turkey has been an applicant to accede to the EU since 1987, but since 2016 accession negotiations have stalled. On 26 June 2018, the EU’s General Affairs Council stated that “the Council notes that Turkey has been moving further away from the European Union.
Is Croatia in the EU 2018?
The 2013 enlargement of the European Union saw Croatia join the European Union as its 28th member state on 1 July 2013. The country applied for EU membership in 2003, and the European Commission recommended making it an official candidate in early 2004.
How many countries are in the 2018 EU?
Is France the biggest country in Europe?
France is the third largest country in Europe (after Russia and Ukraine). France is located in Western Europe and shares borders with Andorra, Spain, Monaco, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Luxembourg and Belgium. France is a member of the European Union and was a founding member of the organization.
How many countries are under Europe?
There are 44 countries in Europe. A small number of countries on the continent are transcontinental, meaning they are considered to be a part of both Europe and Asia.
Which is the most populated country in Europe?
The 10 Most Populated Countries In Europe
- Romania – 19 million. Romania is the tenth most populated country in Europe.
- Poland – 38 million.
- Ukraine – 44 million.
- Spain – 46 million.
- Italy – 59 million.
- France – 65 million.
- United Kingdom – 66 million.
- Turkey – 81 million.
Which country is the most beautiful in the world?
The Most Beautiful Country in the World Has Been Revealed
- New Zealand.
- Italy. There’s no end to the stunning landscapes.
- South Africa. From the coast to incredible wineries, there is always something to do.
- Indonesia. The islands all have something special to see.
- England. The charm of the villages is unmatched.
What city attracts the most tourists?
The Most Visited Cities In The US
- Las Vegas, Nevada – 42.9 million visitors.
- Los Angeles, California – 47.3 million visitors.
- Orlando, Florida – 48 million visitors.
- Anaheim/Orange County, California – 48.2 million.
- Atlanta, Georgia – 51 million visitors.
- Chicago, Illinois – 54.1 million visitors.
- New York, New York – 59.7 million visitors.
What is the least visited country in Europe?
Secret Europe: The 10 least-visited European countries
- Macedonia: 510,000international tourist arrivals.
- Monaco: 336,000international tourist arrivals.
- Moldova: 121,000 international tourist arrivals.
- Liechtenstein: 69,000 international tourist arrivals.
- San Marino: 60,000 international tourist arrivals.
Who are the biggest contributors to EU?
Relative to the size of their economies, Germany and the Netherlands are the biggest contributors and Bulgaria and Hungary are the biggest receivers.
Which EU countries contribute the most?
Top Contributing Countries. Germany is the largest contributor to the EU, accounting for 21.11% of the budget. France (16.44%), Italy (13.64%), the United Kingdom (13.05%), and Spain (8.51%) are the other top contributors. These five countries accounted for approximately 70% of the 2016 EU budget.
Which country has the strongest economy in Europe?
Countries by GDP (nominal)
|Rank||Country||GDP (Millions of US$)|
44 more rows
What is name of small country in the world?
Are there small kingdoms in Europe?
Since the end of World War I, however, most European monarchies have been abolished. There remain, as of 2016, twelve (12) sovereign monarchies in Europe. Currently seven of the twelve monarchies are members of the European Union: Belgium, Denmark, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom.
Is Portugal the smallest country in Europe?
Monaco. The Principality of Monaco is 0.78 square miles (2.02 square kilometers) and borders only France and the Mediterranean Sea. It is the second smallest nation in Europe and the second smallest country in the world. One of the smallest countries in Europe, Monaco is bordered only by France.