What is the longest river in the world 2018?
Here is a list of five longest rivers of the world
- Nile River: The longest river in the world. Nile River: the longest river in the world (Image: 10mosttoday)
- Amazon River: Second longest and the largest by water flow. Amazon River (Image: 10mosttoday)
- Yangtze River: The longest river in Asia.
Who is the largest river in world?
What’s the World’s Longest River?
- The Nile. Flowing northward through the tropical climate of eastern Africa and into the Mediterranean Sea, the Nile river is the longest river in the world at 4,135 miles (6,650 kilometers), according to the U.S. National Park Service.
- The Amazon.
- The Debate.
Which is longer the Nile or the Amazon River?
The Amazon is considered the world’s largest river by volume, but scientists have believed it is slightly shorter than Africa’s Nile. The Brazilian scientists’ 14-day expedition extended the Amazon’s length by about 176 miles (284 kilometers), making it 65 miles (105 kilometers) longer than the Nile.
What are the 10 major world rivers?
10 Most Important Rivers in the World
- Sepik River.
- Mississippi River.
- Volga River.
- Mekong River.
- Yangtze River.
Which river crosses the equator twice?
What is the shortest river in the world?
What are the 5 oldest rivers in the world?
7 Oldest Rivers in the World
- Nile River. Age: c.30 million years old.
- Colorado River. Age: 6 – 70 million years old.
- Susquehanna River. Age: over 300 million years old.
- French Broad River. Age: over 300 million years old.
- Meuse. Age: 320 – 340 million years old.
- New River. Age: 3 – 360 million years old.
- Finke River. Age: over 300 – 340 million years old.
What’s the oldest river in the world?
Like the New River, it is deprived of ancient fossils that many younger rivers have. It is generally accepted that the Nile is the oldest river in the world, yet based on geological evidence, the Finke River in Australia can also make a claim that it is the oldest river in the world.
What is the deepest river in the world?
Which is biggest river in India?
The Indus River is the longest river of India, total length of the Indus from its source (Tibetan Plateau) is 3200 km.
Several of these rivers of India also offer a bright range of adventure activities.
- Indus River.
- The Ganges River.
- Godavari River.
- Krishna River.
- Yamuna River.
- Narmada River.
- Mahanadi River.
- Kaveri River.
Why Amazon is the longest river?
|1.||Nile–White Nile–Kagera–Nyabarongo–Mwogo–Rukarara||4,132 (4,404)|
|3.||Yangtze (Chang Jiang; Long River)||3,917 (3,988)|
|4.||Mississippi–Missouri–Jefferson–Beaverhead–Red Rock–Hell Roaring||3,902|
49 more rows
Which is the largest sea in the world?
The largest sea in the world is the Philippine Sea. In case you were really searching for the largest body of water in the world, the answer would be the Pacific Ocean.
What is the most famous river in the world?
Famous Rivers of the World
- Nile. The Nile River, located in northeastern Africa, is the longest river in the world at about 4,132 miles.
- Ganges. The Ganges River is 1,569 miles long.
What is the greatest river in the world?
What is the smallest river in the world?
Which river crosses the Tropic of Cancer twice in world?
Which is the deepest river in Africa?
The Deepest River in Africa, It’s Over 700 Feet Deep. The Congo River, the 9th longest river on the planet, is 2, 920 miles. It is also the deepest river on the planet, and it is over 700 feet deep. It is the second longest river in Africa (The longest being River Nile).
What is the deepest river in North America?
The deepest river in the world is the Congo River in Africa. At its deepest point, the river reaches a depth of approximately 720 feet. This depth makes the Congo River about 64 feet deeper than the second deepest river in the world, which is the Yangtze River in China.
What is the most dangerous river?
According to a new video by British fact-seeker Tom Scott, the narrowest part of the river, called the Strid, appears to be a humble forest creek but is actually one of the most lethal stretches of water in the world.
Which is the widest river in the world?
What is the youngest river in the world?
The Top Ten: Longest Rivers of the World
|4.||Chang Jiang (Yangtze)||3,602|
6 more rows
Which is the oldest river of India?
What is the oldest river in the UK?
Among the most important rivers in the UK is the Thames, which flows into the North Sea. Its length is 346 km and it is the deepest river in Britain. It is navigable as far as the capital of Great Britain – London.
|The Longest Rivers in the UK||2||1|
|Country||Wales and England|
27 more columns
Which mountain is oldest?
Which Is The Oldest Mountain Range In The World? According to the Guinness World Records, the oldest mountains in the world is located in South Africa. Barberton Greenstone Belt is thought to have originated nearly 3.5 billion years ago.
What is the most polluted river in the world?
Top 11 Most Polluted Rivers in the World in 2019
- Ganges River. The Ganges is the most sacred river in India.
- Citarum River. The Citarum is arguably one of the most polluted rivers in the world.
- Yellow River.
- Sarno River.
- Buringanga River.
- Marilao River.
- Mississippi River.
- Jordan River.
What is the shallowest river in the world?
Sea of Azov
Which is the deepest river of Nepal?
Photo in the article by “Geograph”